Apprentice Early Years Educator/Nursery Assistant
BARNSTON BUDDIES LIMITED
Buddies are looking to recruit two apprentices to work in their setting with children aged 2-5 years old. This is the perfect opportunity for someone wanting to take their first steps into a career within the Early Years Sector. Along with the training provider, Buddies provides an excellent training programme allowing you to earn whilst you learn.
Closing date: July 31, 2024
- Planning stimulating activities for the children in your care in line with the EYFS
- Assisting in delivering a high level of quality childcare maintaining a professional and positive outcome for both children and staff
- Building effective relationships with children, parents and team members
- Ensuring each child’s individual needs are met
- To work as part of a highly motivated team dedicated to providing a high standard of holistic care and development for all children attending the setting
- To gain a good knowledge of the policies and procedures within the nursery for such events as illness, accidents, safeguarding children and health and safety etc. Working within current guidelines and legislation regarding the care and education of young children
- Contribute to ensuring that mandatory paperwork (accident, incident, health and safety lists, risk assessments, medicine logs) are being completed in line with nursery procedures
- To work with qualified room staff to create and maintain a stimulating and challenging environment which meets the diverse needs of all children attending
- With support and guidance of qualified room staff, ensure development reviews are being completed in line with the statuary requirement, following transition procedures set out by room leaders
- To develop personal skills and practice within the EYFS framework and standards and undertake any professional development as identified during performance monitoring at staff supervisions
- To record information regarding children’s development and day accurately in line with policies and procedures i.e completing nappy / sleep charts, medication forms, daily diaries ect.
- To maintain professional partnerships with outside agencies to ensure the welfare of individual children is met
- Work towards the apprenticeship standards provided by North West Community Services Training with an expectation of completion within the agreed timeframe
- The candidate will follow a Level 3 Apprenticeship programme and study towards a full Standard in Level 3 Early Years Educator
- This training will be structured and delivered by North West Community Services Training and the employer. Knowledge sessions will be delivered in group online sessions, followed up by further support and reviews from your coach within the workplace setting.
- If the candidate does not hold GCSE grades A*-C (9-4) or equivalent, they will be required to complete a Level 2 Functional Skills in the relevant subject (Math and English).
- Employment within the setting if the candidate performs well during the apprenticeship.
- The learner could also look to progress to become a room leader and take on a Level 3 Team Leader apprenticeship or study early years further through the Level 5 Early Years Lead Practitioner apprenticeship.
BARNSTON BUDDIES LIMITED
Barnston Buddies are an independent private provider who welcome children from all areas of the community. We offer open-ended experiences to drive children’s learning. Children are encouraged to explore, be active and motivated whilst creating and thinking critically in a rich, stimulating environment. Our Forest School experiences offer children extended outdoor activities in an environment where they can learn to take risks in a natural setting, providing them with the life skills needed to become strong, independent learners.
NORTH WEST COMMUNITY SERVICES TRAINING LTDApprenticeship standard:
Early years educator (level 3)