Apprentice High Voltage Field Engineer (Power)
NG BAILEY GROUP LIMITED
An Apprentice High Voltage Field Engineer (Level 3) is required. Join Freedom and be part of the next generation of people who design, connect, build, maintain and renew electricity infrastructure. Here you will work with teams installing and constructing electrical power distribution and transmission systems from 400V to 132kV in a manner that delivers safe, high workmanship quality and fit for purpose networks. Duties include: diagnosing and rectify faults on a range of circuits and equipment.
Closing date: March 28, 2024
·The installation of ground mounted and structure mounted power system components including cable systems, switchgear, transformers, busbars, relay panels and associated equipment in substations operating at up to 132kV.
- Read and understand engineering drawings, wiring and circuit diagrams.
- Inspect and test electrical installations between 240V and 415V.
- Diagnose and rectify faults on a range of circuits and equipment.
- Use small hand tools such as and including, screwdrivers, pliers, grips, hammers, saws, etc.
- Operate electrical 110v and battery powered tools such as SDS drills, combi drills, impact drivers, disc grinders etc.
- Install cable tray containment, racking systems required multicores, HV cables including installation of cantilever un-strut brackets.
- Installation of multicore cables on prepared cable trays and in cable troughs within substation compounds, including relay rooms and the glanding & termination of such cables, wiring of electrical relay panels, battery chargers, outdoor plant etc.
- Train at one of the top performing colleges or training providers in the country.
- Power craftsperson Level 3 Standard.
- You will attend college on block release in Manchester.
- You will become a qualified high voltage maintenance engineer.
- Possible progression to a level 4 qualification.
NG BAILEY GROUP LIMITED
NG Bailey is the UK's leading independent engineering and services business. Our vision is ‘to be the best – creating exceptional environments for present and future generations’. We work across a variety of sectors within the building and infrastructure industry, and our innovative, responsible and forward-thinking approach allows us to work on fantastic ground-breaking projects. Our company has two divisions, Engineering and Services, which together we bring buildings and infrastructure to life.
UTILITY & CONSTRUCTION TRAINING LIMITEDApprenticeship standard:
Power network craftsperson (level 3)