Apprentice Laser Print Operator
MBA GROUP LIMITED
As an apprentice Laser Print Operator, your primary goal is to ensure that all printed files are produced in time to meet company targets and to agreed quality standards. Full training will be provided in the role and you will achieve a recognised print qualification upon completion.
Closing date: December 19, 2023
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading providers in the direct marketing and communications industry. Main duties and responsibilities:
– To acquire a full knowledge of the range of equipment and services provided in the laser print department – continuous ink jet colour printer
– To ensure all of the clients personalised laser output is printed on the correct stationary and in a timely manner
– To ensure that all of the correct procedures are followed for ISO quality checking and the appropriate paperwork is completed
– To record daily and hourly workflow from digital printing presses to ensure the output is passed on to the finishing, machine or hand enclosing section in a timely manner
– To help ensure that all of the departments SLA’s (service level agreements) are met
– To perform the required daily machine safety checks
– To raise and log all engineer calls
– Undertake support tasks as directed by the Laser Print Shift Manager and Senior Laser Print Shift Manager
– Effectively deal with internal and external telephone and email enquiries
– To adhere to the production schedules
– Liaise with Client Services, Production Planning and all other internal Production Departments as and when necessary
– To undertake any investigatory processes where it is deemed appropriate
– Achieve team and individual targets as set by the Laser Management Team
– Good time keeping and attendance
– Maintain a tidy and clean work area ensuring that the laser print machines are kept in a clean and orderly manner
– Understand and adhere to the company policies and procedures with particular emphasis on quality and health and safety
– To be willing and able to work overtime at relatively short notice and to cover holidays and sickness as and when required
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the qualification obtained will be a Level 3 Print Technician Apprenticeship Standard. The apprentice will be given sufficient time to undertake their “off-the-job” requirement of the apprenticeship during their working hours.
Throughout your time as an apprentice, you will be supported by both MBA Group Ltd and the BPIF Training to achieve the knowledge, skills and behaviours of the apprenticeship. You will be assigned a training coordinator who will work with you throughout your apprenticeship to ensure that you have the best training and support available. Training requirements will be discussed at the point of employment to suit your individual needs and business needs . Most training and studying will be a combination of regular site-based visits at the employer’s premises and the occasional remote delivery. Candidates without the required level of maths and English will be required to complete Functional Skills alongside the apprenticeship.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, a full-time role may be available within the company, subject to business need. An apprenticeship in print provides a solid foundation to enter a skilled career in the print industry, with opportunities to progress into skilled technician positions leading into production management.
MBA GROUP LIMITED
MBA is a leading provider of marketing and communications in the UK. With 40 years' experience in the direct marketing, CRM and transactional communication industries, we take great pride in providing our clients with a variety of tailored solutions and cost-effective services that are proven to improve the quality of their customer communications, streamline processes, consolidate costs and ultimately, deliver a greater return on investment. While the print and secure handling of our clients' direct and transactional mail remains at the heart of our organisation, we continue to invest in-line with our clients' needs and developments in the marketplace to provide multichannel solutions for all our customer communications from a single source.
BPIF TRAINING LIMITEDApprenticeship standard:
Print technician (level 3)