Apprentice (Leakage Technician)
Want to be part of building a greener, healthier & stronger North West? We’ll provide you with industry leading skills & the experience you’ll need to succeed in your career. As a Network Leakage Technician apprentice, you’ll learn how to ensure the timely & efficient repair & resolution of leakage issues.
Closing date: March 3, 2024
As a Network Leakage Technician apprentice, you’ll learn how to ensure the timely and efficient repair and resolution of leakage issues as well as being accountable for proactive private leakage detection to resolution.
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme*
- It’s a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career
- Inspire the next generation – you’ll have the opportunity to represent United Utilities at key events across the region to engage with young people to bring careers in the water industry to life
- Successful apprentices will achieve a Water Process Technician Standard which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships
- Training will be Apprentice workplace and block release so during your first year you’ll spend 1 week every month at United Utilities
Water Industry Network Technician.
United Utilities is responsible for water and wastewater services in the North West of England. Our purpose is to provide great water and more for the North West. We deliver 1.8 billion litres of water a day to more than 3 million homes and businesses in the North West, as well as treating all the wastewater which disappears around the U-bend. Keeping the region flowing relies on a vast behind the scenes operation, involving hundreds of reservoirs, treatment works and pumping stations; thousands of kilometres of water pipes and sewers and a 5,000 strong workforce.
UNITED UTILITIES WATER LIMITEDApprenticeship standard:
Water industry network technician (level 3)