Apprentice Line Chef
Marstons - Bootle Arms Melling
Are you ready to turn your hand to new skills? We’re looking for a motivated individual to join our team as an Apprentice Chef – helping our kitchen team make amazing food for our guests.
Closing date: March 8, 2024
We’re on the lookout for a Line Chef to join our team!
It’s time to turn up the heat! Turn your hand to new skills or showcase existing ones. In our kitchens you’ll be part of a team that is obsessed with creating great experiences for our guests.
Our kitchen is where it’s at: With your proactive and positive mindset, you’ll be right at home in our buzzing kitchen. Whether you’re prepping for the next service, or plating up great pub classics – serving hot, good quality food is what it’s all about. Everything you do will keep our guests coming back for more.
As a Line Chef: You’ll help to support the kitchen team whilst growing with our business. You’ll also –
- Be passionate about food
- Know or be willing to learn about the kitchen areas
- Keep all areas of the kitchen clean and free of clutter
- Play an important part in maintaining/ creating a close-knit team
What comes next is up to you: We’ll support you to complete your Chef development programme with the goal of becoming a Second/ Sous Chef.
What you get from us: At Marston’s we’re one big family. We put our people first, which is why we offer real benefits including:
- 20% off at all our pubs, restaurants, and hotels
- A reliable hours contract, to give you the security you deserve
- Refuel at work with our £4.50 meal deal option whilst on shift, including popular menu dishes plus a drink
- Flexible and part time hours offered to work around your family or higher education
- Online discounts and cashback at popular retailers through our Marston’s Rewards platform
- Scope to build your career and progress through our training and Apprenticeship programmes (including access to our innovative app)
- A friendly and lively atmosphere, working alongside passionate and diverse teammates
- Access to Licensed Trade Charity for financial, mental, and emotional well-being support
At Marston’s, you will be working towards your Chef Academy Production Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship qualification over the course of 15 months.
Come as you are. Personality counts for more than anything else here. So, whether you’re an expert now, or you’re just starting out, we’ll accept you and celebrate you for being you. We can’t wait to see what we can make happen together. Marston’s could be the making of you.
Marston’s. Where people make pubs.
Chef Academy Production Chef Level 2 including Functional Skills in maths and English.
How training will be delivered is to be confirmed.
Marston’s offer ongoing training and support and actively encourage their employees to progress.
Marstons - Bootle Arms Melling
We've been running pubs and brewing beer in one form or another for more than 185 years - a heritage that we're incredibly proud of! Today we operate more than 1,400 pubs, bars and hotels.
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITEDApprenticeship standard:
Production chef (level 2)