Apprentice Warehouse Operative
Apprentice Warehouse Operative for a Mechanical Engineering and Sustainability company based in Westbrook, Warrington. You will undertake your Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative qualification. Duties include receiving goods in, checking certain deliveries for conformity (QA), and delivering them to the correct person or department.
Closing date: January 12, 2024
• After stock items have been booked on to the Warehouse Management System (WMS), the goods have to be labelled (product code and serial/batch numbers where appropriate) and put away. (INVENTORY CONTROL)
• Stock items will have to be picked on internal Works Orders to make sub-assemblies, which will then go into stock. (PRODUCTION)
• When a Sales Order is to go out to a customer, the required items have to be picked, checked and correctly packaged ready to be sent out. (DESPATCH)
• New trainees will be taught the necessary and relevant procedures for all the above functions. This will include an introduction to the WMS, QA procedures, and packing procedures, including an overview of Dangerous Goods requirements
• A further very important role will be Stock Taking duties and keeping stock quantities at required levels
• Apprentices will also be introduced to Manual Handling Techniques; Health & Safety Requirements in the Workplace (as per H&S regulations); a brief overview of COSHH regulations; the importance of accurate checking and filing of documentation; and an introduction to the 5S methodology of storekeeping
- You will gain a level 2 qualification in Supply Chain Warehouse Operative
- All training will be carried out in the workplace with an NLTG apprenticeship assessor visiting every 4-6 weeks
- Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you could have the opportunity to then progress into full-time employment
A specialist in the design and manufacture of mechanical seals and support systems. Our Mechanical Seals are used in a wide range of pumps and rotating equipment worldwide to prevent liquids and gases escaping into the environment. We manufacture mechanical seal types to suit all industries and our investment in modular design means that we provide the best on-time delivery performance in the industry. The AESSEAL® range of seals, seal support systems and bearing protectors are all designed to improve pump reliability and reduce maintenance costs. Our business is built around giving our customers such exceptional service that they need never consider alternative sources of supply. AESSEAL® holds the world's most comprehensive standard inventory portfolio of mechanical seals, bearing protectors, seal support systems and packing. AESSEAL® operates from 235 locations in 104 countries, including 9 manufacturing and 44 repair locations, and has more than 300 customer service representatives who visit industrial plants every day.
NORTH LANCS. TRAINING GROUP LIMITED(THE)Apprenticeship standard:
Supply chain warehouse operative (level 2)