Degree Civil Engineering Apprentice – VINCI Building – North West
We have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice Civil Engineer to join our construction site teams in North West region. We work on a variety of interesting and challenging construction projects predominantly within the healthcare, education and commercial sectors. You will attend day release to university to gain a degree in civil engineering.
Closing date: March 30, 2024
You will gain valuable experience in different departments to gain competence in the following areas:
- Engineering – procedures, methods of construction, engineering principles, temporary works, setting out, planning and delivering works,
- Planning & Programming – short term programming, productivity
- Commercial Management – procedures, costs, commercial reporting, subcontract management
- Quality Control – supervision, reporting results, handover and assurance, management of site activities
- Health and Safety – VINCI procedures, subcontractors and supplier management,
- Sustainable Development – environmental and corporate social responsibility
- Interpersonal skills – teamwork, stakeholder engagement and communication of technical information
- Digital Engineering – BIM
Our regions covers a large geographic area and although we try to place staff near to their homes sometimes, they may be required to work some distance away.
- Level 6 Civil Engineering Degree Apprenticeship
- BSc Civil Engineering
- Chartership for Institute of Civil Engineer – ICE
- Day Release at Liverpool JohnMoors University
- VINCI Building Apprenticeship Scheme has been designed kick start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. You will get hands on experience and tailored training to support you every step of the way.
In addition to the qualifications the programme will enable candidates to progress in terms of level of responsibility, interpersonal skills, leadership, commercial awareness and technical engineering knowledge.
This position offers candidates to opportunity to learn on the job, gain a recognised qualification and the opportunity to progress on to a degree course upon completion and ultimately lead to full membership of the relevant professional institutions.
We are looking for a long-term relationship with our apprentices and we have a long-term career structure in mind, whereby we see the apprentice developing into senior roles within our business as it grows.
Do you want to be a part building the environments in which we live, using the latest technology and building methods? VINCI Building are committed to creating a working environment that is inclusive and diverse. VINCI Building is engaged on a variety of interesting and challenging construction projects predominantly within the healthcare, education and commercial sectors across all regions in the England. Our goal is always to build strong partnerships with our customers and stakeholders to ensure success by unlocking your strategic vision and turning it into a deliverable scheme. We are active in a wide range of sectors and value bands, allowing us to provide a regional service with national resources. VINCI Building delivers complex projects and programmes, blending our corporate stability with the local knowledge our teams offer. Sustainability is at the heart of our approach and we are committed to respecting and protecting the environment in everything that we do. We take the time to understand and make a positive difference to each community that we work in to ensure that our projects leave a lasting legacy.
LIVERPOOL JOHN MOORES UNIVERSITYApprenticeship standard:
Civil engineer (degree) (level 6)