Dental Nurse Apprentice
BAYCLIFF DENTAL SURGERY
We have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice dental nurse to join our friendly dental practice. We would love you to join us as an apprentice dental nurse and start your exciting career in dental nursing. You will be assisting other dental health professionals, providing chair side support and a high level of patient care.
Closing date: January 30, 2024
The role of a dental nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Greeting and caring for all patients in a polite and courteous manner at all times
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chair side assistance during all dental procedures
- Update computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
You will be earning whilst learning during your apprenticeship. The dental practice will give you all of the practical knowledge you will need in order to qualify as a dental nurse and the training provider (Harriet Ellis) will teach you all of the theory side.
Your study will be online based with weekly teaching sessions and off-the-job training given to you and paid for by your employer.
The Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship offers employment within a dental practice with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme. It will develop the skills, knowledge, and behaviours of the learner to operate competently in all aspects of clinical responsibilities.
It will also provide you with the relevant qualification to apply for professional registration as a dental nurse to the General Dental Council (GDC).
Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment.
What you will study:
- Cross infection
- Oral hygiene
- First aid
- Health and safety
You will complete on and off-the-job training whilst you are fully supported throughout, progressing to gateway and endpoint assessment.
Functionals Skills in maths and English at Level 2 is available to be studied alongside the apprenticeship if you do not have GCSEs or Functional skills or equivalent at level 2 already.
For more information, please visit the training providers website at:
- A great opportunity to be trained and potentially secure long-term employment with an employer who wishes to develop your knowledge and skills
- A good route into dental hygiene, dental therapy or dental cosmetics with further training
- Gaining a qualification offers excellent career progression into possibly moving into a team leader, manager or dental practice manager position
BAYCLIFF DENTAL SURGERY
Providing a wide range of dental treatments to the public we are a friendly and busy dental practice.
HARRIET ELLIS TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITEDApprenticeship standard:
Dental nurse (integrated) (level 3)