Early Years Childcare Practitioner Apprentice
Abercromby Nursery School
Would you like to start your career in childcare through an apprenticeship with an “OUTSTANDING” nursery? Then this opportunity could be just what you are looking for! At Abercromby Nursery School we are looking for someone who will help to ensure that all children make the best progress possible.
Closing date: December 14, 2023
- Work as part of the room team, creating and maintaining an exciting learning environment inside and outside
- Support Teacher in the planning of appropriate learning experiences for children
- To be responsible to the Head Teacher and Class Teacher for the day to day care and education of the children in the Nursery School
- Positive management of children’s behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment
- Keeping accident, incident and risk assessment records
- The care and supervision of children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Adhering to the Policies & Procedures and compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted/Welfare Standards. Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- You will work towards Early Years Practitioner Level 2
- You will have monthly check-in with your dedicated Development Coach
- Apprentices will also attend either monthly online tutorial sessions or they could be face to face on our campus
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
Possibility of advanced level apprenticeship and progression in the business.
This opportunity will provide the right person with excellent skills for future opportunities.
Abercromby Nursery School
We warmly welcome you to our school website! We hope you enjoy browsing and that this will give you a flavour of our Nursery, and the magical time that children have with us. Make sure you have a look at the photos and videos, as each one speaks a thousand words. We are a Maintained Nursery School for children aged 2-5, with a caring, passionate and experienced staff team. We put your child at the heart of all we do, providing a truly child centred education. We are recognised as a School of Sanctuary, because of our welcome and partnership approach with all our families. We believe that this is the way that children will thrive, grow and learn, making the best progress. Ofsted have rated us as Outstanding in all five categories (March 2023), saying: “Abercromby Nursery is a wonderfully magical place to be” and “Whatever their starting points, children are exceptionally well supported in their learning and play by staff who are experts in understanding the needs of young children” We feel we provide the best Nursery education in Liverpool – but don’t take our word for it – come for a visit and see for yourself!
THE LEARNING FOUNDRY LIMITEDApprenticeship standard:
Early years practitioner (level 2)