IT Support Apprentice (Propergeeks)
Assist in the diagnostics and repair of hardware/software failures and user generated issues. Use your knowledge of Windows and Mac OS software to troubleshoot issues and resolve them for the user, both in person and via remote support.
Closing date: January 8, 2024
- Interact with customers in our store and answer customer queries on the telephone and by digital contact
- Maintain good and safe housekeeping standards in the shop and workshop areas
- Comply with company dictated procedures in the handling of computerised devices, data security and protection, cash handling and customer record-card completion
- Comply with company dictated procedures concerning the safe handling of electrical goods, chemicals (cleaning fluids, solvents), fire safety equipment and security routines
- Attend company sourced training courses in association with your Apprenticeship Learning Plan
- Sign and comply with the company’s dictated procedure in the reporting of illegal and legal adult digital content
- Comply with our Equal Opportunities and Equitable Access policy
- Comply with our dress/uniform code
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal, and professional standards
- Support the information systems needs for your business
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Established in 2008, Propergeeks is based entirely on the Wirral, but we cover all CH postcodes. We offer a mobile service covering Wirral and Ellesmere Port and a shop-based service from our Leasowe Road store in Wallasey Village. We also offer a 'Remote Support Desk' facility which, in many cases, can resolve common software issues without the need for us to have any physical contact with customers or their devices, (internet service required). We have over 30 year’s experience in repairing computers and laptops and we only employ skilled staff who are trained and competent to handle any computer problem, skilfully and quickly. We offer free advice if you need it, a free collection and delivery service if you need that and we never charge a call-out fee. Our reputation is your guarantee that you'll be happy with what we do, happy with the price we charge and happy to recommend us to your friends and family.
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITEDApprenticeship standard:
Information communications technician (level 3)