Power Engineering – Higher Skills Apprentice (NW England, Mid/North Wales)
SCOTTISH POWER LIMITED
Right now, we’re working hard to upgrade our network to make it more efficient and sustainable for our customers, communities and stakeholders as we strive to achieve Net Zero. Working alongside our craft and engineering workforce, you’ll assist them in the operation, maintenance and construction of our network.
Closing date: March 10, 2024
We know people are central to building a better future, quicker, and we need talented, hardworking and flexible people to join us.
- Working alongside our craft and engineering workforce, you’ll assist them in the operation, maintenance and construction of our network
- You’ll have the opportunity to get involved in some of our most exciting projects and make a real-world difference in the fight against climate change
- You’ll be involved in delivering connections and upgrades to the network to support electrification of transport and heat and renewable generation
- From Smart Grids to renewables connections, our industry is going through unprecedented levels of innovation and change so there’s never been a better time to join us
- During the programme, you’ll achieve an HNC in Electrical Engineering and, on completion, you’ll become a Project Co-ordinator while you build your experience to progress to become a Project Engineer.
- This programme will be a mixture of on the job training and college work at Wigan & Leigh College.
- On completion, you’ll become a Project Co-ordinator while you build your experience to progress to become a Project Engineer.
SCOTTISH POWER LIMITED
Our energy landscape is going through a time of profound change. A challenge touching every part of our society, we need to eradicate carbon emissions to halt the effects of climate change. We need to change how we live our lives and replace the use of fossil fuels for transport and heat. Electricity will be at the heart of the solution, through electric vehicles and heat pumps. And with more renewables generation and other technologies connected to the electricity grid than ever before, it’s our role to make sure we create a more efficient, cleaner, greener network to accommodate this increase in demand. Within SP Energy Networks, we are focusing on harnessing technology and innovation to create the networks of the future. With distribution networks designed for predictable, stable demand, it’s vital we upgrade our network to create the flexibility required to cope with the extensive changes to electricity demand, generation, and consumer behaviour. Through technology and innovation, we will enable a consumer-led revolution in the use and operation of our system. It will undergo the biggest changes to its design and operation for over half a century; and you can be part of it. We know people are central to building a better future, quicker, and we need talented, hardworking and flexible people to join us.
WIGAN AND LEIGH COLLEGEApprenticeship standard:
Electrical power networks engineer (level 4)