Property and Maintenance Support Apprentice
LANDONA HOUSE LTD
As part of the Maintenance Team, you will work with an experienced maintenance operative and be supported with training and mentorship. You will also take care of the general maintenance and upkeep of the care home and gardens. This role could be perfect for you if you have great communication, time-management and planning skills.
Closing date: December 14, 2023
Average daily duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining our buildings and gardens to the highest possible standards, creating positive first impressions and making a difference in the lives of our residents in this varied and fulfilling role
- Helping to maintain a happy atmosphere and a good level of care based on our values
- Testing fire alarms, plumbing electrics, joinery and decorating throughout all areas of the home
- Ensuring surrounding areas are maintained
- Attending staff meetings
- Complying with all health and safety legislation in a safe manner
- Completing all training as determined by the home
- Developing understanding and skills to reduce the risk of abuse or neglect to adults who need care and support. Employee’s need to ensure they fully understand their safeguarding responsibility
- Ensuring that adults are safeguarded in a way that recognises their choice and control
- Ensuring that the safeguarding and whistle blowing policies are always adhered too
- Using tools equipment in a safe manner, reporting to the manager with all general maintenance and updates with duties required of you
- The successful applicant will achieve a Property Maintenance Operative apprenticeship at Level 2
- Training will require attending college one day per week (during term time) or 6 hours a week at your place of work during non-term times
- Functional skills in maths and English (if required)
There is a possibility of being retained as a full-time employee at one of the company’s local sites.
LANDONA HOUSE LTD
Landona house Ltd is a family run group, with the ethos of person-centred care and empathy. We create a culture of home from home and strive to achieve the highest standards of care for all the residents within our care. We value our staff team and ensure they receive support and training to be equipped for all and any aspects of their role.
ST HELENS COLLEGEApprenticeship standard:
Property maintenance operative (level 2)