- This event has passed.
Supported Internships Information & Enrolment Event
February 14 @ 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Come along to our information and enrolment event about Supported Internship opportunities for young adults with SEND or LDD needs.
We’re working in partnership with Liverpool City Council to offer an exciting new opportunity to adults with learning difficulties and disabilities.
Supported internships are 6 month programmes that are designed to help adults aged 19-24 with additional learning needs progress into fulfilling careers.
The 6-month programme consists of:
- 4-6 weeks of full-time study at The City of Liverpool College, developing the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to transition into the workplace.
- 16-20 weeks of a 4 days per week work placement within the learner’s desired employment sector. The fifth day each week will be spent at college to gain a sector-specific qualification, and to reflect and review progress with their individual job coach.
Learners are supported by an their own individual job coach who will support them both while at COLC and on their internship.
To be eligible for a supported internship, you must:
- Be aged 19-24
- Be based in the Liverpool City Region
- Have complex special education needs or disabilities (SEND) or learning difficulties and disabilities (LDD) – please note an EHCP is not required.
- Need the level of support that a supported internship offers in order to get a job.
If you have already recently attended a Supported Internships Information & Enrolment Event, you do not need to attend another.