COULD YOU BE A MARKETING & EVENTS APPRENTICE?
Mersey Maritime currently have an apprenticeship vacancy for a Marketing & Events Apprentice to join their team.
About Mersey Maritime
Mersey Maritime is the UK’s leading maritime cluster, bringing together industry, government and academia to help support and facilitate the growth of the maritime industry within the North West.
As a membership organisation, Mersey Maritime provides an extensive range of services including an industry specific calendar of events, business support, networking opportunities and lobbying/representation activity as well as meeting other bespoke requirements for our range of members.
To help further develop their membership proposition, they are looking to recruit a Marketing & Events Apprentice to support the team and enhance their events, marketing, digital and communication channels.
Ruth Wood, Interim CEO at Mersey Maritime commented: “At Mersey Maritime we are passionate about supporting the future needs of the maritime industry and encouraging the next generation to explore a career in maritime is vital to achieving that. Our new Marketing and Events Apprentice role is a fantastic opportunity for someone to become part of the vibrant maritime sector in the Liverpool City Region. The successful candidate will not only contribute to enhancing our events and marketing efforts but will also embark on a journey of learning and development, earning both a Level 3 and Level 4 diploma in marketing.”
Abbie Milne, former Apprentice who has just been promoted to Marketing and Events Executive at Mersey Maritime commented: “Having successfully completed my apprenticeship at Mersey Maritime, I have now been promoted to Marketing and Events Executive. The guidance, opportunities, and hands-on experience I gained during my apprenticeship at Mersey Maritime have been invaluable in shaping my growth. If you’re looking for an adventure that combines learning and achievement, I cannot recommend an apprenticeship with Mersey Maritime enough, it is the perfect opportunity to kickstart your career in marketing!”
This apprenticeship will include a Level 3 and Level 4 Diploma in marketing:
- The role includes but is not limited to, the following key responsibilities –
- Updating social media accounts such as LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
- Updating the website of a weekly basis with news/general updates
- Supporting the Marketing & Events Executive with performance analytics including Google Analytics, CRM data, social media metrics, email marketing campaigns
- Working with Marketing & Events Manager and Executive to develop weekly email newsletters for members and stakeholders
- Provide support to wider team for event management including planning, setup and takedown
- Working with the Marketing & Events Executive to develop video content, graphic design, social media and weekly email newsletters
- Additional duties – to work with other members of the team on projects, administrative support as and when required
Skills & Experience
- A keen interest in Marketing as a career
- Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grade C (4) or above including Mathematics and English
- Excellent organisational skills and be methodical and logical with their workload
- Excellent IT skills and fully competent using all Microsoft packages
- Positive attitude within the workplace
- Strong communication skills, energy and enthusiasm with the ability to self-motivate and work closely with core business functions
- The role may involve some travel within the UK
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
To find out more or to apply for the apprenticeship CLICK HERE or visit: https://lcrbemore.co.uk/vacancy/marketing-and-events-apprentice/