FOR HALTON BUSINESSES ONLY, WITH IN THE LCRCA
Health & Wellbeing Yoga
This 60 hour training course will provide the learner with all of the practical and theoretical knowledge and skills to be able to effectively plan and deliver health and well-being yoga sessions to staff members and to the general public.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Anatomy and physiology – this will be delivered through practical workshops and theoretical lectures. The anatomy will be directly related to yoga asanas and breathing techniques.
- Teaching skills – practical workshops where learners will develop their teaching skills in relation to vocal tone, projection, verbal and non verbal communication. Learners will have ample opportunity to practise these skills with their peers to gain confidence and experience.
- Sequence building – practical and theoretical workshops to teach and develop the skills required to create effective, progressive sequences surrounding a theme or peak pose.
- Adapting to student types – practical workshops to develop the skills and confidence to change/modify/adapt a sequence according to student types.
- Yoga asanas – practical and theoretical workshops covering the main yoga asanas that you would expect to see in a yoga class such as standing, balancing, seated, twisting, prone and supine poses. Students will learn how to use yogic props to create space and allow the user to make the pose more challenging or easier.
- The energetic body and the chakra system – practical and theoretical workshops covering the energetic body and chakra system and the effects that yoga has on these systems and how it can positively impact both physical and mental well-being