CLINICAL TRAINEESHIPS AVAILABLE AT LIVERPOOL HEART AND CHEST HOSPITAL
A number of traineeship opportunities have become available at the Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital with inductions running from Monday 22 May.
Why work with us?
LHCH is one of the largest specialist heart and chest hospitals in the country, providing specialist services both in the hospital and out in the community. This makes LHCH quite unique, with a range of job opportunities from community-based roles, to complex operating theatre vacancies.
Traineeships: What are they?
A traineeship is a skills development programme that includes a work experience placement. Traineeships help prepare people for employment or an apprenticeship.
Traineeships include at least 70 hours of work experience placement.
We work with Hugh Baird College to provide pre-employment sessions and offer a valuable placement on a ward where you can gain new skills and experience working as a Healthcare Assistant (HCA).
- a safe, meaningful and high-quality work experience placement
- a minimum of 70 hours of work experience placement over the duration of the traineeship
- constructive feedback and advice
- an interview for an apprenticeship or job in their organisation at the end of the traineeship if one is available
Details of our next Clinical Traineeship:
Induction at Hugh Baird College – May 22nd – 10am-12pm
Clinical Skills Induction at LHCH – May 31st – 1:30-4pm
Start date college site w/c 05/06/23
First day attendance 7/8 June for full induction and enrolment/ assessment 9.30am–4pm x 2 days attendance that week
Placements starting 12/06/2023 x 12 week delivery programme end date 25/08/23
- Monday placement at LHCH
- Tuesday placement at LHCH
- Wednesday college – Hugh Baird
- Thursday college – Hugh Baird
- Friday 11am–1pm—Hugh Baird for Maths/English functional skills (applicable to students needs and levels)
College Content to include:
1. British Sign Language (if possible due to delivery availability)
2. Level 2 Mental Health
3. Level 1 Customer Service
4. Award in Employability
If you are interested/or know anyone who is interested in joining the clinical traineeship programme at Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital, please email [email protected]