Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
As part of your role as the Apprentice Nursery Practitioner, you will supervise and nurture the children within your care. Ensuring they are kept safe throughout the day, working a part of a team creating a happy, learning environment for the children.
Closing date: February 29, 2024
Daydreams is a family run nursery which has been operating for 25 years creating a welcoming, friendly, respectful environment for staff, children and their parents.
Apprentice Nursery Practitioner £221.20 (to be reviewed inline with performance) Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week.
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- To supervise and nurture the children within your care.
- Supervise children, ensuring they are kept safe throughout the day.
- To keep a clean and tidy environment.
- Safeguard children at all times.
- Work as a team to create a happy, learning environment where children are happy and thriving.
- Good communication skills and to be able to follow direction and instructions.
- A friendly manner.
- Must be able to be flexible and adaptable, working in a team environment.
Desired Personal Qualities:
- It is important to have a warm, friendly, loving nature when working with children.
- Good communication and be willing to talk, sing and interact with the babies and children.
- Have good listening skills and lots of enthusiasm.
- GCSE English and Maths A-C or 4-9 or equivalent would be an advantage
- Opportunity to advance onto the level 3 Early Years Educator
- You will gain a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner, this will be delivered by St Helens Chamber via a mixture of classroom and on site training
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
- In-house training will be provided with the opportunity to advance onto the Level 3 Early Years Educator
Daydreams is a family run nursery which has been operating for 25 years creating a welcoming, friendly, respectful environment for staff, children and their parents
ST HELENS CHAMBER LIMITEDApprenticeship standard:
Early years practitioner (level 2)