Business Administrator Apprentice
Cheshire West and Chester Council
The apprentice will undertake a wide range of essential administrative duties as part of the Client Finance team. You will be learning how we pay providers, helping to maintain communication via our Provider Portals, Email inboxes and how we work alongside teams within the Council to provide our services to our most vulnerable residents.
Closing date: December 4, 2023
The business administrator apprentice is a key role within Cheshire West and Chester Finance Service, which is within the wider Corporate Directorate.
This apprentice role offers the opportunity to develop valuable experience of working within a busy office environment and acquire the skills and knowledge to become a Clerical Assistant within Client Finance.
The apprentice will undertake a wide range of essential administrative duties as part of the Client Finance team, learning how we pay providers, help to maintain communication via our Provider Portals, Email inboxes and how we work alongside teams within the Council to provide our services to our most vulnerable residents. The role also involves liaising with residents, their families, social care teams and many different Council services to assist the team in providing a high-quality service.
This role will have a line manager, workplace mentor, inclusive employment manager and a dedicated apprentice programme tutor.
On successful completion of the Level 3 business administrator apprenticeship standard and review of performance, the post holder will progress to the substantive post of Clerical Assistant.
RESPONSIBILITIES – the Apprentice will….
With appropriate support and supervision:
- Using the Document Imaging system to scan and index documents
- To deal with letters and correspondence received within the Client Finance Team, both in writing or sent electronically via email or via online Financial Assessment tool
- To deal with queries raised by service users of Social Care, over the telephone as required
- To liaise with Adult Social Care, Transactional Services and Corporate Debt on individual cases
- To input data into computer systems
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard Qualification
- This Apprenticeship opportunity is a permanent contract of employment
- On successful completion of the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship standard and review of performance, the post holder will progress to the substantive post of Clerical Assistant
Cheshire West and Chester Council
Cheshire West and Chester is a Council that helps you to play your part to make a difference. We have a great reputation locally and nationally, made possible by amazing colleagues working together to achieve great things and with ambitious plans for the future. Our vital services touch people’s lives every day. With almost 3,500 employees, we are responsible for well known services such as , museums, libraries, environment operations, transport and highways, social care, schools, housing, planning and waste collection, but there is much more to what we do such as supporting businesses, registering births, and marriages, pest control , supporting careers in finance, legal, data and more! We are at the cutting edge of doing things differently. We work closely with a range of organisations and local people to make our area fairer, greener and stronger.
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WESTApprenticeship standard:
Business administrator (level 3)