Dental Nurse Apprentice
NORTHWAY DENTAL LTD
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly dental practice. As part of your position you will be updating computer records and taking notes also you will be cleaning the surgery to a high level, maintaining strict cross-infection controls.
Closing date: January 30, 2024
The role of a dental nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects of the surgery.
This includes but is not exhausted to:
- Greeting and caring for all patients in a polite and courteous manner at all times
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chairside assistance during all dental procedures
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
You will be earning whilst learning during your apprenticeship. The dental practice will give you all of the practical knowledge you will need in order to qualify as a dental nurse and the training provider (Harriet Ellis) will teach you all of the theoretical sides.
Your studies will be online based on weekly teaching sessions and off-the-job training given to you and paid for by your employer.
- The Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship offers employment within a dental practice with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme
- It will develop the skills, knowledge, and behaviours of the learner to operate competently in all aspects of clinical behaviour
- Functional Skills maths and English at Level 2 is available to be studied alongside the apprenticeship if you do not have GCSEs or Functional Skills or equivalent at Level 2 already
- You will complete on and off-the-job training whilst you are fully supported throughout, progressing to gateway and endpoint assessment
It will also provide you with the relevant qualifications to apply for professional registration as a dental nurse to the General Dental Council (GDC).
What you will study:
- Cross infection
- Oral hygiene
- First aid
- Health and safety
For more information, please visit the training providers’ website at:
- A great opportunity to be trained and secure long-term employment with an employer who wishes to develop your knowledge and skills
- A good route into dental hygiene, dental therapy, or dental cosmetics with further training
- Once qualified, it offers excellent career progression into possibly moving into a team leader, manager, or dental practice manager position
NORTHWAY DENTAL LTD
Providing a wide range of dental treatments to the public we are a friendly and busy dental practice.
HARRIET ELLIS TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITEDApprenticeship standard:
Dental nurse (integrated) (level 3)