Early Years Practitioner Apprentice – Level 2 Childcare
First Class Day Nursery
Are you looking to start a career in early years? Then this is the opportunity for you. First Class Nursery in Liverpool is looking for a Childcare Apprentice to join the team. You will be supporting children to learn through play and fun whilst preparing them for their next level of learning.
Closing date: December 30, 2023
First Class Nursery provide a child-led learning experience that offers fun and challenge. Their environment is developed with the support of our children, through listening, observation, evaluation, and reflection. If you are interested in joining this nursery as an apprentice, keep reading to see what is involved in this role.
- To work with children
- To attend training
- To complete all assignments set
- To be part of a team
- To attend associated training
- To liaise with mentor
Duties and responsibilities:
- Under supervision to provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- To provide adult interaction with children in the nursery
- To be aware of the nurseries confidentiality policy
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- To attend all out of hour’s activities, e.g., training, monthly staff meetings
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. First Class Nursery will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
You will be working towards the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Level 2
- Early Years Practitioner Qualification
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
This will be delivered through First Class Nursery’s dedicated training provider, Realise. Realise is an established training provider that’s enjoying an exciting period of growth following a management buyout and rebrand in late 2020.
Full-time position available following successful completion of your apprenticeship with opportunities to progress onto Level 3 and further.
First Class Day Nursery
The First Class Nursery is registered to provide care for children aged two to five years old and is based out of St Thomas' School, Lydiate.Our key carer system enables us to understand our children as individuals, it allows us to adapt our teaching and learning to suit the needs and learning style of the individual child.
REALISE LEARNING AND EMPLOYMENT LIMITEDApprenticeship standard:
Early years practitioner (level 2)