RAF Air & Ground Steward – Full Time Career with Apprenticeship
Royal Air Force
A unique opportunity to complete an advanced apprenticeship as an Air & Ground Steward with an OFSTED outstanding training provider. You will be working on some of the most advanced aircraft in the world and play a key part in the UKs defence. With places available throughout the year, apply today!
Closing date: August 1, 2024
Once fully trained in Catering Hospitality and RAF Cabin Crew duties you will be responsible for the comfort, safety and welfare of passengers travelling on 10 Sqn or 101 Sqn Voyager aircraft based at RAF Brize Norton.
Your duties will include:
- Greeting passengers as they board and exit the plane
- Providing special attention to passengers as required
- Serving meals and refreshments
- Checking the condition and provision of on-board emergency equipment and information for passengers, demonstrating emergency equipment and safety procedures
- As well as administering first aid and dealing with passenger or crew emergencies
Having gained Voyager experience you could competitively transfer to 32 (The Royal) Squadron, fly on the BAe 146 aircraft based at RAF Northolt and routinely fly with Royals, The Prime Minister and senior members of the Cabinet and HM Forces.
After your first flying tour, unless you transfer to 32 (TR) Sqn, you will be employed on the ground, for at least one tour; supporting unit food services with our industry partners or as a member of 3 Mobile Catering Sqn, at RAF Wittering, providing military field catering on Operations and Exercises worldwide. Returning to Cabin Crew duties, after a ground tour, will be voluntary or to meet the need of the Service.
Cabin Crew Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- On successful completion of the application and selection process, your apprenticeship will start with a 10-week Basic Recruit Training Course (BRTC) at RAF Halton in Buckinghamshire
- The course is designed to help you adjust to a military environment
- As well as fitness and military training, you’ll also learn about the RAF lifestyle
- All entrants will complete specialist food service training at the Food Services Training School (Air) at Worthy Down, pre-employment land and sea survival training at Defence Survival Training Organisation, RAF St Mawgan. Decompression Training at the Aviation Medicine Training Wing, RAF Henlow and A330-200 Cabin Crew training at the Air Tanker Academy, RAF Brize Norton, before finishing their flying training with Sqn instructors on 10 Sqn/101 Sqn
- The apprenticeship is a gateway to a full-time career in the Royal Air Force
- Promotion to the rank of Corporal and beyond is dependent on successful completion of the apprenticeship and then on merit by competitive selection
- As you advance through the ranks, you will have the increased opportunity to lead and direct people, managing resources and workforce within your area of work to deliver the required outputs whilst maintaining and instilling the highest standards expected within the RAF
Royal Air Force
The Royal Air Force work with our UK and international partners to watch the skies, respond to threats, prevent conflict, and provide assistance in an uncertain world. We provide all personnel with a varied range of training and activities to make sure you're ready for anything. A career in the Royal Air Force will provide you with a whole host of possibilities. You will receive world class training, allowing you to learn and develop throughout your career. We recruit throughout the year, so please ignore the closing and start dates.
ROYAL AIR FORCEApprenticeship standard:
Cabin crew (level 3)